My first question would be, how many tracks have you got in your music
library?

My system is a 2.4Ghz P4 with 512mb of RAM on XP and I have never
experienced the issue your seeing with a library of 7000 tracks.

I have Random Mix set to display that last 10 songs played and the
upcoming 10.

I also have crossfade enabled and never have a delay.

What I have seen, and initiallly thought to be a SlimServer stall, is
those stupid periods of empty space at the end of CD's before a
"hidden" track starts which some artists use to give the impression
that their 45mins of music is really 60mins. Robbie Williams is a
culprit I can think of.

So instead of having a Track 10 and a Track 11, I get Track 10, silence
and then the hiddne track kicks in. I usually have to bring these tracks
into Goldwave to split them.

--
oreillymj