cliveb wrote:
> Be aware that there are some versions of the Pi which cannot be
> connected to a HiFiBerry (not even with soldering). Earlier versions
> simply don't have the PCB pads you need. (I know mine doesn't). So be
> sure to check the photos on the HiFiBerry site and compare with what
> your Pi has.

Yes, you need revision 2 of the B model in order to be able to solder on
the HiFiBerry, because revision 1 does not have the necessary P5
connector. 'This article here explains what you should see on your Pi'
(http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2012/09/raspberry-pi-p5-header/). In
this case, you need the HiFiBerry DAC: http://www.hifiberry.com/dac

If you have a B+ board, there is no need for soldering and you can buy
the DAC+: http://www.hifiberry.com/dacplus/

- *ASRock Ion 330* (home office) w/ Xubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + LMS 7.9,
  FLAC > Local Player > Behringer MS 40 active nearfield monitors via
  toslink
- *Boom* (master bedroom), *Radio* (master bathroom), *Archos 35 Home
  Connect* + SqueezePlayer (guest bathroom)
- *Reson PR 80s* as UPnP client (living room) > Parasound DAC 1500 >
  vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (w/ 42E equalizer, 42T tape deck, and
  Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II
- *Duet* + *Radio* in storage