I was very happy with the sound of my Squeezebox Touch connected with
coax to the Arcam Irdac.
Comparing it to the Pi B+ Picoreplayer with Digi+, also connected with
coax to the same DAC, made me change my mind somehow.
The Picoreplayer sounds a bit clearer, especially when listening to my
favourite HD radio stream with 320K AAC.
It seems to convert 320k AAC to FLAC, where the Touch doesn't, but I'm
not sure if that is the reason why I like it's sound.
It can also play 192k/24 bit flacs, something which the Touch cannot do
straight from the box.
The only thing I'm missing is a power off switch, but the sound is
magic!