slimhase wrote:

> Would be interesting to see, if this is the issue - that now LMS reports
> the Gerätetyp and Ickstream does not recognize
> "Gerätetyp openframe1", as it only knows "Gerätetyp: squeezebox2" and
> the like....
>
> Hello Pippin & Erland: Any feedback / ideas on this issue?

We will have to approve all third party apps that want to integrate with
ickStream, the process is as follows:
1. The maintainer/developer of the app need to goto
https://developers.ickstream.com and register a developer account and
request a new API key
2. For now, the maintainer/developer will have to sign an NDA but in the
future this will change so they only have to confirm license terms.
3. After we have approved the API key and configured it for usage with
LMS plugin it will start to work

The process might seem a bit formal but it's a measure to ensure that we
have contact information to app developers in case we need to reach them
and to make sure they understand the license terms.

So, please contact the maintainer and ask him/her to do this and you
should soon get access.

As a side note, the "gerätetyp" values for real Squeezeboxes are only
possible to use for real Squeezebox hardware, so in this case it's
correct that the "gerätetyp" has been changed to a specific value on the
app.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.