However, this brings me to another problem related to LMS. It's always
running on the computer (an iMac) in the background and recently the
System Preferences pane keeps reminding me that a new version is
available and whether I want to download it. However, when I select the
download option nothing seems to happen and I get the reminder popping
up again later in the day. Does anyone have any idea what's going on
here?

Could you please chime in on one of the other related threads? In particular with information about your OSX version etc. Thanks!

--

Michael