I have both Chrome and Firefox on my computer, and both have the same
problem. On the javascript console I only get the following error, which
I think is because Flashblock is installed.
"NotFoundError: Node was not found"

which refers to line in the code:
var swfobject=function(){var E="undefined",s="object",T="Shockwave
Flash",X="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash",r="application/x-shockwave-flash",S="SWFObjectExprInst",y="onreadystatechange",

It doesn't feel like a web browser problem. It's capable of telling the
Squeezebox to tell the music, so it's more like the Squeezebox isn't or
can't get the Now playing information from the LMS. Or else the settings
are not saved so it doesn't know it's supposed to be configured to get
the Now playing information from the LMS.

The LMS is version 7.8.0:
ii  logitechmediaserver                      7.8.0
all                       Streaming Audio Server

Thanks for your help.