roggae wrote:
> my squeezebox just wont stop putting gaps between songs.  could it be
> because my music is stored on an external hd connected to a mac mini
> wired to the SBT?  so annoying.

Are you certain there are no gaps contained in the music files
themselves? The vast majority of CDs have gaps between the songs on CD
and most rippers will preserve those gaps by making them part of the
ripped files (typically added at the ends of tracks). And for gapless
CDs, it's possible to rip so that gaps are inserted, although that's
less common. You should be able to easily tell by playing the tracks in
a computer audio player.

If it were a problem with drive access, I'd expect that you would not
only have gaps between songs, but also dropouts during playback (in the
middle) of songs.