On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 23:16 -0800, bernt wrote:
> Got the two units yesterday and the total cost for one was 2900:- so
> Jens has a good price.
>
> First impression.
> It surprise me how good internet radio sounds and how fast the
> Squeezebox respond to the remote. Very nice.
>
> Unfortenly the Headphonejack is broken. There is only sound in the
> right channel. Tried two different headphones and two different powered
> speakers.
>
> And my wife liked the look. Overall I'm satisfied. :)

There was a manufacturing fault on some of the early SB2's which
caused this. Seems like a surface mount resistor didn't get fitted
to the board, and needed to be added.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14136&highlight=headphone
+socket+resistor

Sounds like could be a batch of SB3's with the same fault.

--
"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that
was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the