eschurr wrote:
> that did it!  thank you so much.
>
> i've been using various forms of Squeezeboxes for (10?) years and I'm
> embarrassed to say I've never really understood what Mysqueezebox.com
> really does.

mysqueezebox.com is LMS server "in the cloud".  One can connect to
either (1) local LMS or (2) mysqueezebox.com.  In the case of local LMS,
it does everything mysb.com does *and* can play your local music.  But
even when connected to local LMS, local LMS needs your mysb.com
credentials to make "handshakes" to certain services (like Pandora,
siriusXM, etc.).

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify