The main problem with this is that ickStream is a plugin and installing
plugins on the touch can be complicated. You would also have to run the
server on the Touch (have a USB drive of some kind attached - might as
well be empty, though).
We haven't tested it so even though there are builds of the ickStream
plugin for ARM processors without FPU I'm not sure it would work but
there isn't really anything that should stop it from working in
general.

We do also have - in our closed beta - an applet that allows you to use
ickStream on the Touch without any server but that uses our ickStream
client side protocol so you would also have to use an ickStream
controller to use it, the Squeezebox controller Apps would not work.

ickStream - for the Squeezebox - is a backend service allowing access to
streaming services somewhat similar to what MySqueezebox.com does when
used with LMS. But it's not a Squeezebox Server so you still need _some_
server to operate your Squeezebox with, a Squeezebox doesn't do anything
without one.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*