NigelMSB Wrote:
> I've been half-looking for something like this but off-the-shelf (not
> really a DIY man).  Like an IR version of a 240V mains timer switch.
> Ideally it'd take discreet on/off IR codes (rather than toggle) via the
> IR blasting support in SB2s.  Of course, 5V from the geekport would be
> even better (less to go wrong, etc.).
You can get remote controlled 13A sockets in various packages from
Maplin (order codes L53BB, L55BB, L95AR, etc). They are radio rather
than IR controlled, though, and the handsets look pretty clunky. But if
you want something that'll work out of the box, they do the job.

I agree that a geekport signal is the neatest solution. How about it,
Slim Devices? Any progress on the SB2/3 geekport?

--
cliveb