JJZolx wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly where I was going. What is the motherboard and CPU
> that you currently have?
The mobo is a Gigabyte of some kind (can't remember the model no) and
the CPU's an old Athlon XP2400. Yes, it's that old!

JJZolx wrote:
> Searching 'Newegg' (http://newegg.com), ...
Thanks for mentioning Newegg. I'm in the UK, so didn't think of trying
them. Theirs is the first website I've seen where you can specify the
need for PATA. So even if I don't buy from them, their site gives me a
chance to find some candidate models. (NB. the links you posted didn't
work for me - I just got dumped at the Newegg homepage).

But on reflection perhaps it will be easier to just replace the whole
shooting match. Problem is my tower is very rarely used - only for audio
and video processing, all my day-to-day stuff is on a laptop, so buying
a whole new setup just for that seems extravagant. I'll have a rethink.

Thanks for your help, anyhow.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A