swayzak wrote:
> Thanks again - but I am really struggling with setting up the Duet
> system to play from LMS 7.9 on the laptop via ethernet.
>
> I've tried a Duet factory reset but can't seem to force it to use
> ethernet - I only got the option once in many screens of setting up on
> the Controller, and then it didn't connect.
>
> I *have* finally managed by trial and error got it to connect to LMS via
> router's wifi network,but this is not really what I want. The Touch is
> definitely a lot easier to setup for ethernet than the Duet !
>
> I give some more detail of the setup and hopefully one of you kind folk
> will talk me through how to get this to work ...
>
> Home wifi = "mynetwork", autochannel
> Router wifi = "O2network", channel 3
>
> Ethernet cables running from both laptop & Receiver into the router.
>
> Tried disabling wifi in laptop to "force" LMS connection to be ethernet
> only, but couldn't get Duet to connect.
>
> Re-enabled laptop wifi & connected to "O2network", and also selected
> this in Controller as network to connect to. This has finally got the
> Receiver to connect to LMS and it's working fine now.
>
> But how do force the Receiver to connect via ethernet ??
>
> I suppose I could use O2 router wifi at the evening do (and maybe use
> inSSider to check for a clear channel to use) for wireless playback.
> Would take Touch as backup though.

Getting receivers to change from wireless to wired can be a pain.
It's been a while, but I think I last did it using the net-udap
utility...
I'd say, if the Touch is working as you want wired, to go with that. You
can try the net-udap approach... it's not TOO hard, but can take some
playing around to figure it out.

When you tried to reconfigure using the controller, did you ever try a
full reset of BOTH the receiver AND the controller?