gazjones59 wrote:
> I understand what you say - however the schema I use works perfectly and
> has the added bonus of clearly displaying the composer name when
> browsing by album without accessing any other tags. Of course, it all
> goes out of the window if a search on album title returns everything in
> random order - which was exactly the problem I ran into when using the
> full text search. Now that I am back to the 'old' way of searching I can
> very easily access all my Sibelius (or any other) recordings using only
> basic search arguments, and get them displayed in a logical sequence.
>
> The idea of retagging 70,000-odd classical tracks does not fill me with
> glee - especially since I would also have to edit all the album titles
> to remove the composer otherwise what's the point? I don't really adhere
> to a 'CD-centric' system as it doesn't make much sense for classical
> music, so if a CD contains 2 symphonies, I rip each one as a separate
> entity. Just to make it a bit more difficult, my folder structure is by
> Orchestra/Artist so any composer tag update would be a royal PITA.

That makes sense , classical pre-dates recording so the format does not
really fit the CD or LP there always seems to be some "filler" work
attached to a classical CD .

If I where more into this music I would split the CD and abuse "album"
for a "work" like a symphony or some such piece . I must confess that
tagging classical is beyond me . There are something about it in our
wiki and several other classical listeners here .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )