Hm, that should work, yes. Is the player connected to the server but it
doesn't show interest he settings?
There is one other issue in case what you are using is a not-very-recent
version of VortexBox: some VortexBox players spoof Squeezebox MAC
addresses, I believe we might block those to make sure real Squeezebox
users don't run into trouble with the duplicate MACs. There have been a
lot if issues around that recently.

If that's the case you might have to change the MAC address to something
unique, preferably the real MAC address of the device.

Recent VortexBox versions don't have that issue anymore, though.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*