Just trying to eliminate a possible cause. Sounds like it could be a
network/buffering issue. You could try changing the buffers for your
audio device -  I'm not entirely sure if that's likely to help, but it's
a quick thing to try.
How is your NAS connected to your Daphile box and do you have any power
saving features like disk spin-down enabled?