Hello - my name is Jim and I'm a music junkie - please help me take the
10th step ....

Er, ah no - what I'm trying to do is find a viable replacement for the
Logitech Squeezebox Controller app, which amazingly enough did a pretty
effective job & from which I wouldn't change, except it no longer
functions on Android 5.xx [MUTTER, Mutter, mutter...].

Downloaded SqueezeCommander from the Play Store, but apparently it's
still in Zombie status since it's developer dropped out of sight some
years ago - although it gleefully gnawed 5 USD from me in a single gulp.
Has anyone posted the actual documentation for this app, since both
known addresses for the file have been offline since 2013?

This will be the second time I've wasted more than several hours trying
to decipher Christian's nested menu structure, which is weirdly
non-intuitive, since it's acting as a front-end to commands that I know
well - it just seems to take forever to associate players and servers in
a meaningful fashion.

I've no real argument with Christian, his software was always functional
and attempted to meet real needs in an attractive way. OTOH, at the very
least, I've got to question the ethics of continuing to charge for an
application that you've apparently no interest in supporting - is it
time for him to either release his packages into the public domain, or
pass them on to some entity or person who will provide at least minimum
updates and support?

If my reading is correct, the only Android apps which have following and
are actively supported are Orange Squeeze and Squeeze Control? I'm a
little reluctant to pitch even more of my $$ into the gaping maws of
Undead Apps, unless they're the only alternative in this Post-Logitech
Apocalypse - so suggestions are appreciated

Cheers & Thanks

Jim