mandryka wrote:
> Has anyone tried opensqueeze solo?
I'm sure it works but $250 seems a lot to pay for a device you can snap
together with $65 worth of "parts" from Amazon.  For another $35 you can
add digital outputs which the Solo does not have.

mandryka wrote:
> What I'm worried about is not just the squeezebox hardware failing (I
> have a backup in storage) but the software becoming outdated.
Yes, that is the concern but there is little you can do about it* so why
worry?  If/when the time comes you can switch over to Sonos or BlueSound
or some newer solution.  In the meantime enjoyment of your Squeezebox
system is costing you nothing.

*You could update to LMS 7.9 beta if you haven't already done so.  It
has a "No MySqueezebox" option that removes any dependencies on Logitech
servers.  You'd continue to get Spotify using Triode's plugin.

Also, you could look into ickStream which is currently being developed
and provides alternative access to many streaming providers (not
Spotify):
http://www.ickstream.com