poing wrote:
> To me, Roon offers nothing special. Completely overpriced crap. Perhaps
> the company counts on purchases from placebophiles which erroneously
> believe that product price and product quality are perfectly correlated.

OK poing, i understand your point but did you tested Roon ?

I didn't myself, but my audio equipments price is near 10 000 euros and
i'm not shocked at all spending 500 euros for an application if very a
good one.
IMHO good User Experience is very dependent on software and even if i
love the LMS ecosystem i'm not sure LMS UX/UI and way to browse the
music is ideal.
So for me Roon is quite interesting.

Volpone

SqueezeBoxServer 7.9 / ReadyNas Pro (x86) | SBTouch - SB3 - Duet - Boom
- Ipeng
SBTouch => Rega DAC => Rega Brio R amp => Harbeth SLH5 speakers