I was intermittently listening to music today and suddenly my entire SB
system failed, and for the first time, I couldn't seem to get it back
up.  LMS server seemed to be running as usual on the LMS server
computer.

Symptoms:

1.  Unable to open the web interface on the computer running LMS and for
that matter on any of the computers on my home network
2.  No players or apps can connect.  The Booms I have just stall at
"Getting an IP address..."
3.  No music :(
4.  My ambient music stream which I stream from WinAmp could not
connect/upload but downloading seemed fine on the server computer

What I did:

1.  Rebooted the LMS server laptop
2.  Installed the latest beta version of 7.9
3.  Rebooted my router (and cable modem for good measure)
4.  Unplugged and re-plugged in one of the Booms

I was pretty stumped.

My thoughts:

1.  Some sort problem on the LMS server computer (it is connected to the
internet still via an Ethernet connection to my router).  No software
was installed prior to the failure.  I have automatic updates turned
off.  It was almost as if all outbound data was blocked on the LMS
server computer.
2.  The problem involved both Wi-Fi and ethernet.  I could not connect
to LMS via an ethernet connected computer.  I think this is kind of
worthless observations because I couldn't even connect to LMS on the
server computer.

System details:

1.  LMS 7.9 for Windows with the cache on a ramdisk indexing 281,000+
songs on a multi-hard drive enclosure with 12 TB of storage, connected
via USB 3
2.  HP Envy i7 notebook with 16 GB RAM running Windows 8
3.  Cisco router
4.  A bunch of players

The problem resolved itself it seems about 30 minutes later.  LMS and
all the players connected and started working.  My little ambient stream
connected to the internet nicely
(http://myradiostream.com/24/6610/listen.m3u)

All I can say is WTF and thank god it solved itself because I sure was
stumped.

Any ideas?

http://zzzone.net
http://have-a-nice-day.org
http://www.last.fm/user/zzzoneDOTnet
http://somethingsomethingsomething.net

dBpoweramp
Cisco E4200
SBS 7.9 - i7 laptop - Win 8 64bit
5 Booms, 2 Radio, 3 Touch, 1 Duet, 5 piCorePlayers, 1 Avy
2 controllers, various tablets/phones
Apps including iPeng, Squeeze Ctrl etc.
'Library' (http://zzzone.net/photo/2009/music1.jpg): 276,000+ FLAC/MP3
files - 12 TB HD