Regardless of the posts from users who have never actually tried the
setup:

With previous firmware versions of SB2 I *did not* (where is the font
size 400 when you need it?) have any problems with my Slimserver
(running Windows XP SP2, English, on an old P3 PC with a PCI NIC using
WOL through the infamous wire from NIC to motherboard). The server
would wake whenever the SB2 was turned on, the whole setup would play
happily through the day/night/1 hour or whatever time I had to sit back
and relax&enjoy music, and when I powered off the SB2 the Slimserver PC
would go into hibernation after the (in the OS) specified amount of
time (in my case 5 min.s, changed it from 10 min.s for energy reasons
etc.).

Now, with the new firmware doing the WMA decoding the setup works
perfectly (or as before ;-) whenever I play my ripped CDs, but when I
switch to my netradio (which is a WMA stream) the server is no longer
used by the SB2, and since it does not receive any traffic from the SB2
determines that the SB2 is powered off and hence shuts down according to
the specified power setting.

The above should be fairly understandable, let me know where the film
snaps if not...

What I need is some sort of traffic from the SB2 to the server, for
instance every 2. minute, just to let it know that the SB2 is still
powered on - on NO, this has nothing to do with any M$ bugs etc.!
Setting the server DB hack as proposed by kdf will either:
1) not work or
2) not let the server sleep, which means I am back to burning energy
7*24, which is NOT what I would like to do!
Not to say the suggestion is foolish, but it is in no way related to
the (small) problem introduced by letting the SB2 do the WMA decoding,
which as far as I can see is easily resolved by letting the SB2 talk to
the server on a regurlar basis when the SB2 is powered on.

Best regards

--
getprogs