bugmenot wrote:
> Since version 3.3, Kid3 has file list context menu items "Export CSV"
> and "Import CSV", the resulting CSV files contain the paths of the
> exported files and thus can be used with multiple directories. You could
> export the WAV tags and then change all the WAV file paths in the
> exported CSV file to point to the FLAC files. Then you can use "Import
> CSV" to import the file into the FLAC files.

Oh, that's interesting.  That was what I had tried to do, Kid3 gave me
the option to export in CSV, and so it did.  But - and this what
prevented the procedure working - the CSV file did not contain the
filenames.  So, on importing (by implication, to the flac files), Kid3
didn't know where to put the tags.

On reading your reply, I checked the version we're running; it's Kid3-qt
v1.4.  Somewhat older than v3.3 that you mention.  I'll check the debian
repos and see if I can update our version, because what you describe is
a useful feature and exactly what we tried to achieve.

Useful post, thanks,

regards, Atlantic