I haven't been on here in years and OMG a lot has happened...so forgive
me for being WAY out of the loop.
Once I got my network up & running (Squeezebox Classic; Squeeze
Commander, Squeeze Player apps I was happy as a clam streaming from the
internet and accessing my files over my home network.

I wanted to hear some Christmas music this morning but my Classic
wouldn't turn on.  It's just dark.  I rebooted my server & made sure
everything else was working by playing to my phone via Player.  I
unplugged the Classic...tried the hard reboot from the manual...still
dark.  Got a meter and verified I had 5V from the wall wart.

Is there anything else I can try before having to decide whether to
buy/try a used box or finally abandon the Squeezebox platform?

Squeezebox Classic
Control:
Archos A101T tablet + SqueezeCommander,
Duet remote