Guy48065 wrote:
> Does the wifi failure take out the entire unit--display & all?  Is there
> a discussion you can link me to?

I believe the typical symptom is that the Classic will not "boot" - so
yes, it takes out the display.  Assuming you can open the Classic, the
wifi card is removable.
It turns out, the Classic I have does NOT have the card (older version,
wifi was an option).  Try removing the card, and seeing if the Classic
starts up when powered.

I KNOW there are discussions of the issue on this forum, but you'd have
to try and search it up.

I believe there has been some attempts at finding compatible replacement
cards, but I'm not sure if they've been successful.

By the way, do you use your Classic wireless?