Running a Duet setup with two players (sync'd), LMS 7.7.5 and have Inguz
successfully installed.  Need EQ only, not DRC.  I've scoured these
boards pretty thoroughly for info but some big issues remain and am
trying to get some firm current answers in one place.

- File types:  My library is made up of mp3 and ALAC files, and I stream
Spotify.  So far I've got the DSP working only on the mp3s.  Anyone got
ALACs working (have to use custom conf files)?  Spotify (even
possible)?

- Strange boosting behavior when cutting frequencies:  On the mp3s where
the DSP is usable, I noticed that cutting frequencies seems to result in
a compensating BOOST in the rest of the spectrum, as if there were a
normalizing or compression effect on the signal.  As a test I created a
preset in which I cut every band 12db (did a 3-band version and a 9-band
version).  The result is LOUDER than a flat setting, rather than
dramatically softer.  WTF?  Thought replay tags/Track Gain might have
something to do with it but I've set the players to "No Volume
Adjustment" and the issue persists.  Very strange, and kind of a
dealbreaker unless I can resolve, as precise or subtle adjustments
become impossible if pulling one lever in effect moves all the others in
a way not shown or acknowledged by the UI.

- Player isolation:  The inguz website info is pretty unequivocal that
customizing different players/rooms is impossible-- the plugin is
applied in the server and streamed identically to all players.  But some
(not so recent) posts I've read seem to indicate that you can edit
custom conf files in such a way as to apply the eq to one player and
bypass the processing on another.  This would suit me beautifully,
assuming that both the affected and unaffected players could still
stream in sync and share crossfade and replaygain volume settings.  Any
wisdom there?

Thanks in advance for any advice!