mherger wrote:

> Install 7.9. Go to the web UI's Advanced Search. Create a search which
> would represent your library view. Then you can save the filter criteria
>
> from the bottom of the Adv. Search form.
>
> Once defined you can pick what view to use in My Music / Library Views.
Ok, I bit the bullet and upgraded to 7.9. Was as painless as I had hoped
it would be.

I defined a library view based on an advanced search for a particular
artist, and set this as the view for a player. This seems to do what I
want. Once I set her player to use a particular library view I can
remove the 'Library View' menu from her player which should lock her
into her library.

The question now is how best to define this library?

Currently My music folder structure is something like:

Code:
--------------------

  /var/spool/music/tagged (the top level of my library)
  FLAC
  MP3        (these three directories contain the actual music files)
  Surround
  Playlists  (playlist files)

--------------------

If I were to create a directory called (say) 'restricted' in
/var/spool/music/tagged, and inside this directory just create links to
the folders containing albums I wanted my daughter to have access to,
would this create duplicate albums in my library? Would I see two copies
of everything?

What I'd then like to do is create a library view that only shows this
'restricted' directory, and assign this to her player.

I can't see a way of doing this using the Advanced Search, so I suspect
I'm into creating my own plugin to define this library (as per the
instructions referenced in an earlier post).

Can anyone suggest a good way of making this work? I want all other
players to have access to my full library, and only her player to be
restricted to the 'restricted' directory content.

Thanks for the help thus far, has been much easier than I feared it
might be!

Andy