garym wrote:
> to be clear, I haven't used it myself to get sirius (don't even have
> one). This is just what I've read elsewhere.
>
> https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/gWG6RoXsNVs;context-place=forum/chromecast
>
> I don't know if you can cast from iOS siriusxm app.  But surely you
> could from a Chrome browser on your PC.

I got the Chromcast. I asked the salesperson about connecting to my DAC.
To do this by an optical cord(toslink), I'd have to buy an adapter.
Plus, to power the Chromcast device it's necessary to go though a USB
output. That said, the salesman didn't think it would provide real great
audio quality. To me it was too complicated and lacked a good outcome.
So, I abandoned the idea and I remain without SiriusXM. I do have it on
my iPhone and in my car but I really wanted it back on my main stereo
system. I know it isn't going to happen. I even thought about getting
the SONOS CONNECT which would have streamed Sirius. I didn't think it
was worth the $400 cost or the cluttering of the area with another box
(white box).

It is too bad no manufacturer has picked up the Squeezbox line of
devices. The lost system was the best.

Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.5; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE
Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various
additional speakers).
Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's
Plugin);CalmRadio
Ipeng remote controller.