Jeff07971 wrote:
> Install LMS and squeezeplay on the "small PC" and control with laptop
> with a browser.

agree. Except I'd install LMS with "local player plugin" (squeezelite)
instead of SqueezePlay, although it would work too.  Then as Jeff says,
you can control from any web browser on any computer running on your
local network. Or use any LMS app on your android.   No need for remote
desktop with this setup.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify