DJanGo wrote:
> Hi,
> we first had to talk about: what is is duplicated track?

Yes, I agree with that. So, in my fairly modest jazz collection I have
29 tracks of Body And Soul, 28 of All the Things You Are, 26 of 'Round
Midnight, 26 of Caravan, 24 of Autumn Leaves, etc, etc, none of which
are duplicates, being recorded by different combinations of artists on
different occasions, at different venues....

I can't see any easy way of picking out true duplicates programatically.
What I would do is use an SQL query on the LMS database to pick out
duplicate track titles and then investigate further.  Something like:-

SELECT *
FROM tracks
INNER JOIN (SELECT titlesearch
FROM   tracks
GROUP  BY titlesearch
HAVING COUNT(id) > 1) dup
ON tracks.titlesearch = dup.titlesearch

works for me in mysql giving you all the information needed to
investigate further including file location and playtime.  Sorry, I
don't use sqlite which is now the default db in LMS but no doubt a bit
of googling will fix you up with a suitable query string if the above
doesn't work.

There is an old military maxim that defences are best deployed at the
perimeter.  I take a lot of care in buying music to avoid compilations
or anything without reasonable provenance which can slip duplicates into
my collection.

Regards

JerryS