Just for context, I have a Surface 4 Pro that is used via wifi all the
time (not my main computer, but used for things like this forum just
now, as well as some substantial downloads and video), and have never
had any problems with the networking. Network reach doesn't seem any
worse than with my previous devices, although I have invested in an Asus
N660U dual band router, that is more robust with further reach than the
(many) other routers I've used.

R.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 2)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare