jemhayward wrote:
> USo, I think there is very little bandwidth at the BBC end for their MP3
> streams, but the HLS streams are better supported, though not quite
> enough to cope with peak demand.

Shoucast is limited cos BBC don't want many users.

You should be using DASH not HLS for better service.

DASH (and to a lesser extent ) Radio iPlayer bandwidth is handled using
CDNs so there should be no problem especially as BBCiPlayer Radio
bandwdith requirements is miniscule compared to TV which also uses DASH.
The problem is usually with the local ISP when lots of users want to
watch same program (e.g. US election result) - contention.