Well I can find other people experiencing similar issues w/ Sonos, etc.

And not much in the way of resolutions.

Maybe just a huge Deezer bug, I donno.

I cancelled Deezer and signed up for Napster and though it didn't show
any requirements at the mysqueezebox.com site, when I tried to access
Napster via the SB interface, I was told I needed a SqueezeBox2 or
higher (I'm using an older version of SqueezePlug, don't know if newer
versions of SqueezePlug or SqueezeLite would emulate newer SqueezeBox2
models?).

Anyway, I'd suggest not wasting any time on this, Michael.  I did like
Deezer and it worked well, except for this 30-second issue.

I guess I'm going to try the Triode Spotify pluggin again.  It didn't
work great on my WinXP box (sometimes I'd have to start a dozen
different songs playing before it "worked."  But maybe that was the
WinXP stuff, I don't know.