d6jg wrote:
> That is correct. The default is that Smartfade is enabled. Tracks within
> the same album are not subject to crossfade. It is all perfectly clear
> in Settings / Player / Audio if you hover over the ! icons.

Thanks I had managed hovering and had the settings set, but they didn't
work as expected.  I did some further testing, from what I can tell the
logic is a bit strange.  For example if you are playing a playlist of 3x
tracks.  Track 1 will fade into Track 2, however if you are playing
Track 3 and then add a Track 4, it doesn't then fade into Track 4.

So I'm guessing the logic builds a track fade "map" when a track is
started.  It doesn't just look at the playlist towards the end of the
playing track to see whether it should fade into the next track.  I
guess there is some reason for that behaviour but hence the confusion.

Thanks for your help

www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic
journey through your music library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest
MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the
Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.