Thanks Jim for sharing your experience.  It should be noted that
Squeezebox and Bluesound work somewhat differently. SB devices are
clients to LMS server running on a PC or NAS. BS has no server. Instead
the app seeks out and indexes compatible music files across your
network. The app tells the BS player where to find the music you want to
hear. It doesn't surprise me that the client/server configuration is
more robust; particularly in an unusual situation where powerline
adapters are in use. In a more standard wired or wireless setup I think
BS would be stable.

Can't help with your criticism of the Bluesound app; I've heard the same
from others.

Given the continued development of LMS and the availability of
compatible clients (piCorePlayer, microRendu, Sonicorbiter), Squeezebox
still has a pulse.