Not sure which forum this should go in, so here it is, here.

I've been playing with home automation lately, and I
connected/bridged/whatever my LMS.  I have now removed that connection,
but now SqueezePlay on my W10 laptop won't connect to LMS.

When trying to connect it, it finds the server, and an error is thrown
if I enter a wrong LMS username or password.  Also, it shows up within
LMS (from the control panel etc.). But SqueezePlay still reports that it
can't connect.  LMS apparently can control it, from the web browser
interface, but nothing happens - although I have had the case where LMS
can control playback on the laptop, but the SqueezePlay GUI on the
laptop cannot.  It's as though the 'head' has become dissociated from
the 'body'.

I've tried uninstalling SqueezePlay, including deleting data in the
Users AppData folder, and reinstalling after reboot.  It's as though
something is 'left behind' which cannot be removed.

What can I do to get this back to how it was?

TIA.

Living room: SB Touch, with coax to: Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
Dining room: SB Boom.
Kitchen: SB Radio (1/3), with battery.
Bedroom 1: SB Radio (2/3), no battery.
Bedroom 2: SB3 (1/2), AE 2.1. speakers.
Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 (2/2), Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
Bathroom: SB Radio (3/3) (in white), with (and running on) battery.
Server: LMS v7.9.0 on WSE 2012 R2, HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T, 2.3GHz, 8GB.