SlimChances wrote:
> Infinite is a bit of an exaggeration. But I can fit 4 -3 1/2" drives in
> my box. Right now it is easy to obtain a 10 TB Hard Drive. How much is
> Amazon going to charge for 40 TB of data? Also how long does it take to
> download that information if your house catches fire and you lose your
> data? For me I take out of my SD Box and connect it to a laptop and I am
> in business. Personally I am not too comfortable with Amazon or Google
> or another company having control of my data, whether it's 1 TB or 40TB
> The Hard Drive in the SD box should not wear out for a long time as it
> is only ocasionally used
Amazon is going to charge £55 a year, that's the contract terms.
"Unlimited". Of course they invoke a "fair use" clause too but who knows
when they would actually bother to use that. So there are use cases
where it makes sense. And for me it makes sense. Not that that means I
don't *also* have HDD stored locally, it's just another tier of disaster
recovery options. Download is many times quicker, but infinitely quicker
than getting my camera and attempting to persuade the kids to pose for a
hundred thousand pictures again..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0