wellsi wrote:
> Deezer Premium = 320 kb/s.  5 players synchronised would therefore be 5
> x 320 kb/s = 1,600 Kb/s = 1.6 Mb/s.
> Data consumed = 1.6 Mb/s x 60 seconds x 30 mins = 2,880 Mb = 2.8 Gb =
> around the data I used.....

You're mixing bits and Bytes: 2880Mb = (2880/8)MB = 360MB. Bitrate is
defined in bits per second, while bandwidth usage usually is counted in
bytes, not bits.

My calculation was a bit misleading, as my guessed 100MB would have been
for a single stream. 360MB/5P = 72MB/Player.

wellsi wrote:
> I'm using Logitech Media Servier on a windows PC which has my
> 'mysqueezebox.com' account info entered.  And I'm using the Deezer plug
> in app to play the music from my handsets around the house.  I didn't
> quite understand your first post's last sentence; are you saying 5
> players does use 5 x the data?  That's the implresson I get from the
> wiki.slimdevices page
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Synchronization
>
> Still not sure why my plan counts this as used data then if it's defo
> coming straight from deezer.com.  I thought I saw the Squeezebox Touch I
> was choosing the deezer music from flashed up 'connecting to
> mysqueezebox.com' when I selected Deezer, hence my thoughts about it
> going via that site, but I guess it could have just been sorting the
> account detials out before streaming from Deezer.com.

IMHO syncing 5 players using LMS should only pull the stream once from
the cloud to LMS, and 5x from LMS to the players. See the footnote about
"partial" syncing on mysb.com:

"You can sync these, but the audio will most likely not be in perfect
sync. The reason for this is because each player maintains its own
connection to the streaming server, and may start at slightly different
points in the stream."

mysb.com can't sync perfectly well, because the players stream directly
from the source. With LMS this limitation goes away as LMS is proxying
the stream.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR