I have Squeezebox Server on an always-on Lenovo nettop that they refer
to as a "Tiny Desktop". The model is M53 (since renumbered in the
product line) with Win 7. It also serves as the central point for
network storage and backup with an external drive (that also contains
the music files) and it's where the network printer is connected. The
configuration dates back more than a decade to when printers weren't
wireless and neither printers nor hard drives could be easily connected
to routers. I've kept it the same way with hardware replacements because
it's simple, it works, and I understand it. Before this I had an Asus
EEE box, same idea.

The problem with the Boom, which seems to have snapped out of the funk
it was in for about a week, was that it dropped its Wifi connection and
wouldn't reconnect. I have a very solid Wifi setup (Netgear Orbi and
satellite) and the wireless signal strength where it's located has
always been above 90%. I was just about to buy a cheap Wifi bridge
antenna (to allow an ethernet connection to the Boom) when, in giving it
one last chance, it decided all was forgiven and it would connect as per
normal. So for now, it's okay.

I'll keep in mind that it's repairable, that's good information too.
It's used just a few times per week, it plays and operates as it did
when new.