Hi! I wonder if someone has experience with this problem and can point
me to a solution. (I've tried to search the forum, but either there are
no relevant discussions or the search function wasn't able to find
them.)

I mostly play local files. No problem there. My problem is when I try to
stream online content to my squeezeboxen. It rarely works! As in, one in
ten times, at best. I have a Tidal account, and I'm able to browse and
search Tidal through the LMS interface, but when it comes to actually
playing anything, the tracks are added to the current playlist and
appear to play normally, but there is no sound! The same happens when I
try to play a SomaFM station.

On a rare occation I've been able to make it work by first playing a
local file, then the online stream, and do this back and forth until it
works. This is unreliable (when I do get it to work, I'm never sure
exactly what I did to make it work...) and a hassle.

I'm using LMS 7.9.0 and the problem happens both with physical
Squeezebox units (Receivers) and squeezelite.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me solve this.