Paul Webster wrote:
> Try increasing the log level for the module I referred to above.
> I think it will log both success and failure with the IP address.
I go no report at all with the plugin.cli info settings.

Maybe I have misunderstood something (wouldn't be the first time!), so I
had better be more precise about what I'm doing.

I am connecting via my mobile, using a data connection, not wifi.  I use
an app called ConnectBot to connect with SSH to LMS via a netgear DDNS
service to my router which has port 22 open.  I have a public key shared
between my mobile and the music server.  ConnectBot has the ability to
listen to local ports on the mobile and forward on the requests to my
music server.

So a local port 9000 is set up in ConnectBot to route to my
home-server-ip-address:9000.  I can connect mobile LMS tools (eg Squeeze
Commander and Squeeze Player), or just my web browser connecting to
http://localhost:9000.  Using the browser, I can look at LMS settings
and change some (stopping and restarting the UPnP bridge for instance).

I know almost noting about the internals of LMS or its CLI.  Does using
a web browser go via CLI and hence get checked when accessing Settings?

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.