thevanihingman wrote:
> I use alsa : how to use aplay ?
It is a standard ALSA application -plenty of maunals & tutorials online

> How to verify I have a command that when executed at a shell prompt
> under your LMS userid can copy the desired audio stream into a WAV file
> ?
> BR.

On a command line the foillowing command will play the Default alsa
device and copy audiostream in 44.1kHz/16bit/2chan WAV format into a
file call test.wav

Code:
--------------------

  aplay -D default -f cd -t wav >test.wav

--------------------

Play something on the audio outout you want recorded.  Issue the above
aplay command. Let it record for say 30 secs - use CTRL/C to stop and
then play back test.wav and check if it was the audio you wanted
recorded.

If you want to know what devices are available to aplay - use the "-l"
lower case letter L.  The device can replace "default" in the -D option
above.

Code:

  aplay -l

To test under the LMS userid - it would be best to login under than id
but you could use "su" but it is not 100%. The actual userid will
depened on your installation but use "ps" to see what userid the LMS
server process is using.