earthbased wrote:
> Everything has a price.

Indeed.  You could also bring back cassettes, 8-tracks, HD-DVD, beta
max/VHS, etc…

Is there a (albeit small) market for them?  Sure.  But when your
competition for the above is CD’s & downloads, Bluetooth & WiFi,
streaming, Blu-ray, DVD…..  why would you?  Then try getting investors
interested in the same.

Try convincing investors to poor cash into a business model that is a
small niche market, was a failed investment by a multi-billion dollar
mass marketing behemoth (Logitech), is tied to a free community
supported server program, your competition is Google/Android & Apple &
Amazon, in a market where multiple other companies large and small
failed….
And where another form of competition is a sub $100 Pi or micro computer
DIY project, or a smartphone/Android device…. It’s an uphill battle for
a very niche market.

Just last year Sonos laid off employees and it’s CEO co-founder stepped
down…… for most of the same reasons above.

I’m one of the few niche customers who would actually buy a resurrected
SB device, I’m not against it.  But I’m also not foolish enough to
invest in such a venture.  :)