dbinder101 wrote:
> https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8097929/best-buy-to-pull-cds-target-threatens-to-pay-labels-for-cds-only-when
>
> So, does this mean we won't be able to rip music to our internal
> libraries anymore? :eek:

I believe this is more of a merchandising decision, Best Buy can make
more money selling other products in the space that is allocated to
CD's. Last year they sold over $40MM in CD's, and this probably means
someone has figured out they can get even more $/sq ft selling different
products.

I do think that the CD will be relegated to the big online shops or
specialty stores in cities. I imagine with Amazon in the market, the
margins have shrunk. According to the RIAA, physical sales have been
shrinking, but CD's along with vinyl still represent 16% of all music
sales, or $431MM last year. Streaming is 62% of all music sales.

The best thing about CDs is that they offer the biggest bang for the
buck. They are priced low, and you can rip into any type of file you
want. Although for me they are simply a back-up disc after I have ripped
them.

Location 1: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB > RPi3 > LMS 7.9.0 > 2 Touch, 1 Duet
Controller: Nexus 7 >Orange Squeeze
Music: Ripping (FLAC) dbpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag