Typical response from this community.

I'm sorry, you're wrong. Please go through the forums and have a good reading. You'll see that discussions generally are kind. There are some discussions which get a little too noisy. But that's a minority.

Everybody's happy as long as we,
the purchasers and users of the product, declaim that open source is the
greatest, slim devices is the greatest, etc., but apparently "negative"
comments, like saying that library rescans are molasses-slow resource
hogs, or that Squeezebox should be able to select a host server as
easily as SoftSqueeze, are not welcome.

It's not about _what_ you say, but _how_ you say it. These are well known issues which are partially already worked on.

I've been waiting two subsequent generations now for a
product that's worth the upgrade.  Still waiting.

You should have joined these groups earlier and communicate what matters to you.

This community has a bad habit of jumping on anyone who expresses
displeasure with the product, unless it's accompanied by sufficient

Please don't judge from one or those few threads which start with "Slimserver is unusable". There have been threads which started with similar complaints by users who wanted to return the device. But they actually asked for help, didn't only complain. And they were helped. Believe me, it's all a question of style, of how you talk to people.

Regards,

--

Michael