My Squeezebox Classic is not quite working.  It has not been used for a
year or so.  It is connected to LMS on a PC that is also in
semi-retirement.  If I can get it working, I would like to connect it to
some speakers in our garage.

The failure description is that the player begins playing about 10
seconds of every track, but then it quits.  This failure occurs with
local flac files, and also with Pandora.  I am not sure, but I may have
updated LMS back when the failure started, but never really tested the
update.

Below are some particulars of the server and player.

Logitech Media Server Status
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.1 - 1475785403 @ Fri Oct 21 03:05:25
CUT 2016

Player Information
Player Model: Squeezebox Classic
Firmware: 137
Wireless Signal Strength: 58%

I would be very grateful if anyone has advice regarding how I might fix
this failure, or whether my Squeezebox Classic has an uncorrectable
failure.

Thanks,
Tom