stevedresden wrote:
> I have been running LMS on a first gen Raspberry Pi 3 for a few years
> now, and have a Squeezebox Radio in the kitchen as my main player. I
> have Squeeze Play on my Android phone for occasional use in other rooms,
> but I have to attach it to external speakers for it to sound OK, which
> is a bit of a hassle
>
> Having wandered around John Lewis the other day and looked enviously at
> these new multiroom systems, I was wondering if there are any commercial
> devices/speakers out there that would stream from my existing LMS
>
> I don't want to be be building my own squeeze players put of Pis and old
> phones if I can help it
>
> Am I dreaming?

Should be able to find some squeezebox TOUCH players on ebay, etc.  Some
of these have very little use or are even "new in box".  Still great
players!

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify