> I have the playlist folder on the same device and the server settings
> set to \\Rimmer1\music\MP3 Data\!Playlists which is obviously in a
> different branch to the MP3s; there are quite a few playlists
> in there.

Can you post a sample of the entries from the playlists?
Maybe the paths don't match up with what SlimServer is expecting.

You could also enable d_scan (I think, maybe d_parse?) debugging, start
a playlist-only rescan and check for errors in the log
(http://<your server>:9000/log.text) as well.

James