Matt Hooper wrote:
> I will try that later today.
>
> But I'm still confused about what is purportedly causing the problem.
>
> Do you mean that a purchased digital album only comes with "permission"
> to play on the computer it was downloaded to?  If that's the case...how
> do we ever transfer this music to an external drive for use in our music
> server system?

I don’t think this is typically a problem unless you’ve done something
non default with LMS install regarding the user. In my own case in
addition to my cds ripped on a windows machine, I have downloaded
purchased files, free files, etc. on my windows machine then transferred
those to other windows machines, and Linux machines, including vortex
box (fedora Linux) and an RPi running LMS. (See my signature)

With all this, I’ve never had a single issue with file permissions on
using files in all locations. And I’ve never had to set anything related
to permissions.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
*Wilderness: *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB
(LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify