It's definately worth trying another source connected to your
transporter if you can.

I had loads of problems with my Panasonic TV (8 year old model mind)
connected to my DAC - it would just drop out every now and then for
about a second or so - the DAC might just be a bit more graceful in
handling whatever was happening to the toslink output. This seemed to be
channel dependant and very sporadic but very annoying.

I gave up in the end and just used the autio output from the TV.

Recently changed the TV (Samsung) and since have had no problem with the
optical connection - which is good as there's no analog o/p on the TV.