mandryka wrote:
> I need a new one and I know I can get it tomorrow from Amazon or eBay,
> but I want it NOW!
>
> Are there any high street suppliers of a suitable power supply?

Any local electronics vendor selling a 5vdc/2a or better wall wart
supply will do.  You can do a fast and dirty splice of the original PSU
plug tail into the new supply output if you must have it NOW.

A 5v supply is now commonplace due to USB becoming a mobile standard.  I
have never contemplated a 'high power' USB charger for a SB supply, but
they are sold nearly on every street corner.  You will still have to
splice in the original supply tail into a USB port.  Again, it should be
able to supply at least 2a @ 5v.  I know the bigger Apple ones do that
reliably.

Is this like "Power Supply Emergency"?  Perhaps Bravo might pick up the
idea for a new show.